In the unlikely event that you don’t make it to work tomorrow, do your co-owners and key employees know what to do to keep things running smoothly in your absence? If you are the type of business owner who is very hands-on and who does it all, consider the following questions:
- Have you shared how things are done and where essential information can be found?
- Who will meet with potential clients or schedule jobs?
- Who, if anyone, has access to bank accounts to pay monthly expenses and make sure payroll is taken care of so your employees are paid on time?
- What are your company’s critical functions? How much downtime is acceptable for each of these?
- Where is critical documentation stored and backed up?
- For each employee, what are their critical functions, recurring responsibilities, and key points of contact?
Read more on the Federated Insurance website, on Riskonnekt and Alto9.