Our thoughts and prayers are with all those at McConnell Funeral Home in Greenwood who suffered a fire early this morning. Staff members were inside the building when the electricity went out. When they went to check the breaker box, they smelled smoke coming from the attic. The fire department was immediately contacted and was able to put out the flames quickly. The funeral home did sustain some water damage.
Staff will work out of Greenwood City Hall and will temporarily hold services at First Baptist Church in Greenwood until repairs can be made.
Our association offers any assistance those at McConnell Funeral Home may need.